Weather Investments II Exits VimpelCom, Settles Its Debt
Published Thursday, 16 August 2012 14:16 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
Weather Investments II (“Weather”), an investment firm led by entrepreneur Naguib Sawiris, announced Thursday that it has sold 305,000,000 shares of common stock in VimpelCom Ltd. (“VimpelCom”), representing approximately 14.8% of voting rights in the company, to Altimo.
Proceeds were mainly used to settle Weather’s entire debt totaling US$ 2 Billion all owed to private equity firms and banks.
Accelero Capital acted as Weather’s main advisor and Clearly Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP as Weather’s lead legal counsel on this transaction.
Source: Press Release
Most Popular »
- Egypt’s Main Gauge Nears 5430 Pts Powered By Seven Kidnapping Release News
- IFE Not Notified Officially With New Bancassurance Regulations
- Egypt’s Central Bank Offers US$ 800 Mln At Exceptional FX Auction
- Crowell & Moring Advises ADIB Egypt On Landmark Islamic Finance Deal
- Hamas Felicitates Egyptians On Releasing The Abducted Soldiers