Egypt Has 6-Month Wheat Supply: Egypt’s GASC
Published Wednesday, 13 June 2012 14:17 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
Egypt's state wheat buyer said on Wednesday it had purchased six months' supply from local and international sources and was looking to issue a new international wheat tender for delivery in the start of August.
Nomani Nomani, vice chairman of the General Authority for Supply Commodities (GASC), told Reuters local purchases would continue "until the last farmer's grain".
He said supplies had reached 3.18 million tonnes by June 12 compared to 2.4 million a year earlier. Purchases could extend beyond July 31, he added.
Regarding moisture levels for international purchases, he said there was no change in policy: "I want 13 percent, but if it exceeds by 0.1, 0.2, I immediately get a discount. The maximum is 13.5 percent ...This has not changed until now."
Most Popular »
- Egypt Bourse Starts Stamp Tax Today Amid Worries
- Egypt Bourse Benchmark Rises 0.4% In Week
- Egypt Bourse Benchmark Ends This Week Below 5430 Pts
- Citadel Capital Managing Director Discusses Emerging Markets Opportunities and StrategiesatIFC-EMPEA Global Private Equity Conference
- Egypt’s Benchmark Opens This Week Above 5435 Pts