Foreign Minister, EU Delegate Discuss Financial Aid Package To Egypt
Published Thursday, 07 February 2013 12:40 |
On the sidelines of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Summit, the Egyptian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mohamed Kamel Amr, met with the EU Special Representative for the Southern Mediterranean, Bernardino León. The talks discussed the development of the relations between Egypt and the European Union (EU),
The minister has affirmed that Egypt is looking forward immediately implementing these results, of the talks, as the EU is one of Egypt's main partners, and in the light of the Egyptian government's mission to carry out the economic reform program to improve the state's conditions in the upcoming period.
The talks also have taken up the other cooperation fields between Egypt and the EU, giving the priority to enhancing the trade, encouraging investments and cooperating in the field of restoring the money which had been smuggled. Moreover, the two sides agreed on holding the meeting of the joint Egyptian European committee on the level of senior officials at the end of February.
Most Popular »
- Arab Contractors in ‘serious talks’ for new projects in Ethiopia
- Investors request to invest in 30M meters in East Port Said - SCZone
- Cairo's bourse slumped Wednesday with losses of $270mn
- Egypt court acquits former Mubarak-era PM Ahmed Nazif
- U.S. General Electric supplies Egyptian Railways with 110 locomotives