Egyptian, Sudanese Ministers Discuss Unresolved Issues With S Sudan
Published Monday, 28 January 2013 14:40 | Written by Ibrahim El Redy
Mohamed Amr, Egypt's Minister of Foreign Affairs has held long talks with the Sudanese Minister of Foreign Affairs Ali Karti. The talks tackled the developments of the negotiations conducted over the issues between Sudan and South Sudan; especially the three issues that haven't been resolved so far. They are the borders, Abyei district and the assets of Sudapet Company Limited, an oil company.
It is worth mentioning that the two ministers have agreed on containing the coordination between Egypt and Sudan in order to exchange the views between Sudan and South Sudan and achieve openness over the issues between the two countries.
The Egyptian Minister has confirmed that opening the highway between Egypt and Sudan within months will contribute to enhancing the trade between the two countries as well Ethiopia.
Most Popular »
- Egypt to Invest $14.5 bln in Petchems, Refining over 5 Years
- From the Archive, 29 September 1970: President Nasser Dies of Heart Attack
- Egypt Army to Meet UAE Arabtec over One Million Homes Project
- CAPMAS: Egypt’s Exports to Nile Basin Countries Inches by 15%
- Badr Investors to Allocate 400 Feddans for Egypt’s EGP4bn Solar Energy Plant