Egyptian, Sudanese Ministers Discuss Unresolved Issues With S Sudan
Published Monday, 28 January 2013 14:40 | Written by Ibrahim El Redy
Mohamed Amr, Egypt's Minister of Foreign Affairs has held long talks with the Sudanese Minister of Foreign Affairs Ali Karti. The talks tackled the developments of the negotiations conducted over the issues between Sudan and South Sudan; especially the three issues that haven't been resolved so far. They are the borders, Abyei district and the assets of Sudapet Company Limited, an oil company.
It is worth mentioning that the two ministers have agreed on containing the coordination between Egypt and Sudan in order to exchange the views between Sudan and South Sudan and achieve openness over the issues between the two countries.
The Egyptian Minister has confirmed that opening the highway between Egypt and Sudan within months will contribute to enhancing the trade between the two countries as well Ethiopia.
Most Popular »
- SFD-Egypt, Housing Meet to Participate in 100.000 Housing Units Project
- BG Enhances Egypt's Gas Infrastructure, Pumps $1.5bn Investments
- S&P 500 Edges Up To Set New Record; Best Month Since Feb
- Amnesty Mourns Seif El-Islam; Says Egypt Loses a Tireless Champion of Human Rights
- Who Can Meet Egypt's Energy Needs?