51 Million Egyptians Eligible To Vote In Parliament Poll: CAPMAS
Published Tuesday, 22 January 2013 09:11 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
El-Gendi divided this figure between some 26.2 million male voters and some 25.1 female voters.
All Egyptians over the age of 18 will be eligible to cast ballots in upcoming elections for Egypt's House of Representatives (the lower house of parliament, formerly known as the People's Assembly).
The electoral process will begin next month, according to recent constitutional declarations stipulating that the legislative electoral process begin within 60 days of the approval of a new constitution.
Egypt's new national charter was approved via popular referendum last December.
Egypt's previous parliamentary polls in November 2011saw a turnout of roughly 54 per cent out of some 50 million eligible voters.
According to El-Gendi, there will be no change in the allocation of electoral districts in the upcoming elections.
Most Popular »
- Jordan, Egypt discuss ties, potential to benefit from World Economic Forum
- Egypt will host 2016 World Economic Forum on MENA: Sisi
- ISIS Egypt Affiliate urges Attacks on Judges: Recording
- Denmark’s Arla enters Joint Venture with Egypt’s Biggest Diary Company
- Egypt permits Private Sector to import Natural Gas and LNG