51 Million Egyptians Eligible To Vote In Parliament Poll: CAPMAS
Published Tuesday, 22 January 2013 09:11 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
El-Gendi divided this figure between some 26.2 million male voters and some 25.1 female voters.
All Egyptians over the age of 18 will be eligible to cast ballots in upcoming elections for Egypt's House of Representatives (the lower house of parliament, formerly known as the People's Assembly).
The electoral process will begin next month, according to recent constitutional declarations stipulating that the legislative electoral process begin within 60 days of the approval of a new constitution.
Egypt's new national charter was approved via popular referendum last December.
Egypt's previous parliamentary polls in November 2011saw a turnout of roughly 54 per cent out of some 50 million eligible voters.
According to El-Gendi, there will be no change in the allocation of electoral districts in the upcoming elections.
Most Popular »
- Russian Fund Seeks Energy, Infrastructure Investments in Egypt at Beginning of 2014
- Russia’s Sovereign Wealth Fund to Invest $10 bln in Egypt – Official
- OCI N.V. Non-Executive BOD to nominate Robert Jan van de Kraats Board Member
- CBE: Egypt’s Forex Reserves Dip to $17.8 bln in Nov
- In Week, Egypt Shares Gain EGP5.2 bln on Thriving GCC/Egyptian Forum