51 Million Egyptians Eligible To Vote In Parliament Poll: CAPMAS
Published Tuesday, 22 January 2013 09:11 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
El-Gendi divided this figure between some 26.2 million male voters and some 25.1 female voters.
All Egyptians over the age of 18 will be eligible to cast ballots in upcoming elections for Egypt's House of Representatives (the lower house of parliament, formerly known as the People's Assembly).
The electoral process will begin next month, according to recent constitutional declarations stipulating that the legislative electoral process begin within 60 days of the approval of a new constitution.
Egypt's new national charter was approved via popular referendum last December.
Egypt's previous parliamentary polls in November 2011saw a turnout of roughly 54 per cent out of some 50 million eligible voters.
According to El-Gendi, there will be no change in the allocation of electoral districts in the upcoming elections.
Most Popular »
- MetLife Alico Cooperates with AlexBank and Barclays for Bancassurance Activities
- Egypt's FinMin Plans Cancelling 90% of Petroleum Subsidiary over 4 Years
- Official: Egypt to Invite Tender for EGP540mn River Bus Project in October
- We Need An Economic DNA, Hisham Ezz Al-Arab Tells Euromoney
- Arab Contractors Wins $400mn Contract in Equatorial Guinea