Egypt's Brotherhood To Announce 25 January Plans In Tuesday Presser
Published Tuesday, 22 January 2013 09:04 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
In an interview with Turkish news agency Anadolu, Brotherhood Vice-Chairman Mahmoud Ezzat stated that the group would not allow any attempt to derail Egypt's post-revolution democratic transition or promote violence and chaos on the uprising's anniversary.
"The general atmosphere in the second anniversary is more positive than it was for the first anniversary," he stated. "We now have an elected president and a constitution approved by the people."
Ezzat added: "We will not allow anyone to sow chaos and spoil what has been achieved so far. We will not allow violence and thuggery, but we welcome peaceful expression of views."
On Sunday, the Brotherhood released an officials statement announcing plans to launch a "development campaign" on the occasion of the uprising's anniversary aimed at helping Egypt's sick and poor.
Most Popular »
- Cairo Envoy to China to attend AIIB Bank Agreement Signing – Minister
- Egypt can play key role in "Belt and Road" Project: senior Chinese Diplomat
- China Central Bank eases Policy again to support Economy
- BREAKING: Egypt State Prosecutor dies after Bomb Attack
- Egypt Stocks tumble after Prosecutor Deadly Attack