Omran: EGX Shall Be Boosted On IMF Loan Approvals
Published Saturday, 11 August 2012 16:25 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
Dr. Mohamed Omran, the chairman of the Egyptian Exchange (EGX), has asserted that the market would move forward or backward according to the political and economic situation and events.
“Whenever the country witnesses some political breakthroughs , EGX trading shall boom.” Omran added
He said after the formation of Egypt’s cabinet, the country’s economic situation will come into much sharper focus starting from attaining the International Monetary Fund (IMF)’s loan which would positively affect the EGX in particular and the economy in overall.
Elsewhere, Omran has also asserted that the rejection of his resignation does not mean that he would serve for a further term in office saying that his term as EGX chairman is supposed to be till July 30th, 2013 and he would be there until that date.
Most Popular »
- US Dollar Crosses Borders Of EGP 7
- Egypt Bourse Benchmark Rises 0.4% In Week
- Egypt Bourse Starts Stamp Tax Today Amid Worries
- Egypt Bourse Benchmark Ends This Week Below 5430 Pts
- Citadel Capital Managing Director Discusses Emerging Markets Opportunities and StrategiesatIFC-EMPEA Global Private Equity Conference