Thomson Reuters Acquires Zawya Ltd.
Published Monday, 25 June 2012 10:55 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
Thomson Reuters Corp. TRI +0.36% said Monday it has acquired Zawya Ltd., a privately held company that supplies business and financial information about the Middle East and North Africa.
Thomson Reuters didn't disclose the financial details of the transaction, but said it purchased Zawya from a group of shareholders led by Dubai-based investment firm Saffar. The acquisition is in line with Thomson Reuters' long-term commitment to investing in the MENA region, it added.
Dow Jones & Co., the publisher of this newswire, has had an agreement with Zawya since 2006 to supply business news to Zawya's online service.
(c) DUBAI (Zawya Dow Jones)
International News Videos »
Local News Videos »
Most Popular »
- Egypt’s Morsi Attends African Union’s 50th Anniversary Summit In Ethiopia
- Amid Mostly Red Performance, Egypt’s Benchmark Falls 1.56% In Week
- Egypt’s Benchmark Halts One-Day Rally, Opens Below 5355 Pts
- Egypt’s MSC Urges Petroleum To Secure Smart Petrol Cards
- Egypt's Morsi to Participate in 21st African Union Summit