Textile Exports Amounted To EGP 2.4 bln in June
Published Sunday, 29 July 2012 15:11 | Written by Mustafa Adel
Egypt's textile exports reached EGP 2.4 billion in June 2012, slumped by 16%, compared to the same period of 2011 which reached EGP 2.9 billion.
Textile Exports Council (TEC) made a report shows that the exports to the EU have amounted to EGP 813 million; whereas Italy achieved EGP 518 million, Germany EGP 61 million, the United Kingdom EGP 52 million, Belgium EGP 23 million, Portugal EGP 51 million, Spain EGP 45 million, France EGP 26 million and Czech EGP 32 million.
The report showed that the exports to the USA achieved EGP 323 million, while Arab countries reached EGP 284 million; as Syria achieved EGP 70 million, Libya EGP 68 million, Saudi Arabia EGP 48 million, Sudan EGP 20 million, Morocco EGP 180 million, Jordan EGP 13 million, Yemen EGP 15 million and Tunisia EGP 10 million.
Egypt's exports of cotton recorded high which reached EGP 997 million, followed by the industry of textile achieved EGP 554 million, and the industry of synthetic fibers EGP 430 million.
Most Popular »
- Malek, El Zorba, Al-Swedy Turn Down FEI's Chairman Post
- Egypt’s Main Gauge Nears 5430 Pts Powered By Seven Kidnapping Release News
- Foreign Trade: Egypt's Imports Of Chinese Clothes Reached EGP453 mln
- Egypt’s Central Bank Offers US$ 800 Mln At Exceptional FX Auction
- Crowell & Moring Advises ADIB Egypt On Landmark Islamic Finance Deal