Cairo Chamber To Discuss Steel Companies' Decision Of Rising Prices
Published Thursday, 14 February 2013 14:05 | Written by Ahmed El Demerdash
The General Division for Building Materials, at Cairo Chamber of Commerce, will hold a meeting today to discuss several issues. The steel companies' announcement of putting prices up will top the meeting. The companies have claimed to raise the prices to EGP 4850, about EGP 450 up.
For his part, Ahmed Al Zainy, Head of the General Division for Building Materials, has elaborated that the companies' decision came due to the Minister of Industry's decision imposing fees on the imported steel, whereas there is competition on the imported steel; consequently monopolizing ways on the domestic products emerged.
He added that the meeting will also discuss the prices of the building materials, which remarkably increase during the last period, in addition to the crisis of the tractor trailers that may go into strike next April.
A number of the division's members and representatives from Citizens against Prices Rise, Egyptian Competition Authority, Customer Protection Authority, and Internal Trade Sector.
Most Popular »
- EFG-Hermes: Participants Upbeat over Egypt Future, Huge Investment Flows Seen Soon
- Egyptian Govt, Cement Firms Agree to Provide Coke Fuel for Energy
- Egypt Seen Releasing ETFs before End of March - Official
- DMX Egypt Sees Digital Marketing Investments worth EGP17 billion in 2017
- Egypt’s Non-Petroleum Exports Hit EGP12.3 bln in February