Govt Suspends Distributing Macaroni On Ration Cards For 3 Months
Published Monday, 11 February 2013 14:46 |
The Egyptian Ministry of Supply and Internal Commerce has canceled that the last bid of macaroni made by the General Authority for Supply Commodities, which was about purchasing 25.000 tons of macaroni to be distributed on the ration cards besides the rice.
Reda Agag, Adisor to Egyptian Minister of Supply, said distributing macaroni on rations cards will be suspended for three months because the importers have put the macaroni's prices up. The price of one ton reaches EGP 3400. Therefore, the ministry will resort to exchanging the macaroni with rice from the Food Industries Holding Company (FIHC).
On the other hand, the Egyptian Minister of Supply and Internal Trade, Bassem Auda, the area of land cultivated of wheat in Egypt reached 3.3 million acres, and the price of ardeb of wheat is EGP 400. So, the ministry has imported 60.000 tons of American wheat.
Most Popular »
- Egypt Bourse Chief chairs FEAS’ Board Meetings in Armenia
- BREAKING: Judges Club's El-Zend appointed Egypt's New Justice Minister
- Jordan, Egypt discuss ties, potential to benefit from World Economic Forum
- Denmark’s Arla enters Joint Venture with Egypt’s Biggest Diary Company
- ISIS Egypt Affiliate urges Attacks on Judges: Recording