Govt Suspends Distributing Macaroni On Ration Cards For 3 Months
Published Monday, 11 February 2013 14:46 | Written by Enas Shaaban
The Egyptian Ministry of Supply and Internal Commerce has canceled that the last bid of macaroni made by the General Authority for Supply Commodities, which was about purchasing 25.000 tons of macaroni to be distributed on the ration cards besides the rice.
Reda Agag, Adisor to Egyptian Minister of Supply, said distributing macaroni on rations cards will be suspended for three months because the importers have put the macaroni's prices up. The price of one ton reaches EGP 3400. Therefore, the ministry will resort to exchanging the macaroni with rice from the Food Industries Holding Company (FIHC).
On the other hand, the Egyptian Minister of Supply and Internal Trade, Bassem Auda, the area of land cultivated of wheat in Egypt reached 3.3 million acres, and the price of ardeb of wheat is EGP 400. So, the ministry has imported 60.000 tons of American wheat.
Most Popular »
- U.S. Kellogg Makes Bid Approach to Egypt's Bisco Misr
- Egypt’s identity: Hovering between love and rule of law
- Gas Imports From Israel To Save Egypt $10 Per Million Btus
- Finance Ministry Replaces Over 42,000 Taxis In Three Phases
- Capital Intelligence Affirms Egypt's Currency Sovereign Ratings At 'B-'