Egyptian Exports To Thailand Dive To $40 mln In 2012
Published Monday, 04 February 2013 13:03 | Written by Islam Moatasem
In 2012, the Egyptian exports to the Thai markets declined on account of exiting some Thai industrial investments from Egypt after the Egyptian revolution; recording $ 40 million in return for $ 50 million in 2010 and 2011.
Mr. Ali El Korey, Chairman of the Egyptian-Thai Business Council, said the trade exchange between the two countries recorded $ 650 million; elucidating that the volume of the Thai investments in the Egyptian market became tenuous after the revolution due to the lawlessness.
El Korey added to "Amwal Al Ghad" that some Thai businessmen withdrew and froze their activities in Egypt since the revolution has erupted owing to the political instability; calling for using clear mechanisms for restoring security and reaching consensus in Egypt's political street to attract several investments.
Most Popular »
- ‘Builders of Egypt Forum’ Kicks off, Inaugurated by PM Mahlab
- UAE, Saudi Arabia Foremost Supporters of Egypt – UAE Contractors Head
- Egypt is Top Priority for Africa’s Tech Industry Growth – Isys Uganda
- Dubai FDI hosts Trade UAE-Egypt Forum after Egypt’s Economic Summit
- IBM Egypt Rolls out Watson Solutions for Disease Diagnosis via 3G-Technology