Egyptian Exports To Thailand Dive To $40 mln In 2012
Published Monday, 04 February 2013 13:03 |
In 2012, the Egyptian exports to the Thai markets declined on account of exiting some Thai industrial investments from Egypt after the Egyptian revolution; recording $ 40 million in return for $ 50 million in 2010 and 2011.
Mr. Ali El Korey, Chairman of the Egyptian-Thai Business Council, said the trade exchange between the two countries recorded $ 650 million; elucidating that the volume of the Thai investments in the Egyptian market became tenuous after the revolution due to the lawlessness.
El Korey added to "Amwal Al Ghad" that some Thai businessmen withdrew and froze their activities in Egypt since the revolution has erupted owing to the political instability; calling for using clear mechanisms for restoring security and reaching consensus in Egypt's political street to attract several investments.
Most Popular »
- Gold drops on steady dollar with Fed rate hike in focus
- Oil falls towards $49 on high output, strong dollar
- Oil prices fall over 1 percent on rising Iraq output, strong dollar
- Alex Markets Consumer Complexes eyes $7.8mn-sales during Eid Al-Adha
- Egypt Tourism Authority to launch promotional campaign in Germany next Sept