Allowing Rice Exporting Adds EGP609 mln to AEC's Outcome
Published Sunday, 03 February 2013 12:45 |
Egypt's Agricultural Export Council (AEC) has revealed the value of the rice exports from October, since the minister left ban on exporting rice, recording EGP 609 million that distributed on 145 thousand tons to the global market at average price EGP 4200 per ton.
Magdi Al Waliliy, Deputy of Rice Committee, at Agricultural Export Council (AEC), has asserted to "Amwal Al Ghad" that the total of the rice exports in the last period is 75 thousand tons in the first bid announced last October by the Egyptian Ministry of Inudstry and Foreign Trade, and 64 thousand tons in the second bid last December.
He added that the most important foreign countries that imported the Egyptian rice are Syria, Iraq, Turkey, Lebanon, and Kurdistan. As to the broken rice, it is also imported to a number of the European countries; affirming that the council is looking forward to increasing the rice exports in the coming period so as to improve the total value of the council's exports.
Most Popular »
- Egypt Bourse Chief chairs FEAS’ Board Meetings in Armenia
- BREAKING: Judges Club's El-Zend appointed Egypt's New Justice Minister
- ISIS Egypt Affiliate urges Attacks on Judges: Recording
- Denmark’s Arla enters Joint Venture with Egypt’s Biggest Diary Company
- French Development Agency gives Initial Approval for SFD Egypt’s new Loan