Allowing Rice Exporting Adds EGP609 mln to AEC's Outcome
Published Sunday, 03 February 2013 12:45 | Written by Mahmoud Hemdan
Egypt's Agricultural Export Council (AEC) has revealed the value of the rice exports from October, since the minister left ban on exporting rice, recording EGP 609 million that distributed on 145 thousand tons to the global market at average price EGP 4200 per ton.
Magdi Al Waliliy, Deputy of Rice Committee, at Agricultural Export Council (AEC), has asserted to "Amwal Al Ghad" that the total of the rice exports in the last period is 75 thousand tons in the first bid announced last October by the Egyptian Ministry of Inudstry and Foreign Trade, and 64 thousand tons in the second bid last December.
He added that the most important foreign countries that imported the Egyptian rice are Syria, Iraq, Turkey, Lebanon, and Kurdistan. As to the broken rice, it is also imported to a number of the European countries; affirming that the council is looking forward to increasing the rice exports in the coming period so as to improve the total value of the council's exports.
Most Popular »
- C. Bank: Egypt Net FDI Rise to US$4.1 billion
- Cairo Governorate Plans to Launch 5 New Housing Projects with EGP700mn
- NTRA-Egypt to Select Local Firm for Digital TV Broadcasts Receivers by Q4
- Egyptian Gulf Bank Considers Pumping EGP120mn in NPSS's Loan
- Egypt's FM Continues High-Level Meetings in New York