Qatar's Barzan Gas Project First Phase To Be Complete 2013-End, Says Official
Published Thursday, 14 June 2012 10:45 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
The first phase of the QAR 37.8 billion (USD 10.4 billion) Barzan gas development project being implemented as a joint venture between Qatar Petroleum and ExxonMobil Qatar will be operational by the end of 2013, an official related to the project told Zawya.
"Construction of the platforms and pipelines are going very well," the official said. The project includes installations for onshore and offshore natural gas processing. "Phase two will completed in 2015," the official said on condition of anonymity. The project was originally scheduled for completion in 2014.according to zawya.com.
The project has attracting financing of about USD 8 billion, or about 70% of the project cost, from international banks and export promotion agencies. The owners, Qatar Petroleum and ExxonMobil Qatar, will finance the rest.
Most Popular »
- Egypt’s Morsi Attends African Union’s 50th Anniversary Summit In Ethiopia
- Egypt’s Benchmark Halts One-Day Rally, Opens Below 5355 Pts
- Egypt’s MSC Urges Petroleum To Secure Smart Petrol Cards
- Egypt's Morsi to Participate in 21st African Union Summit
- CIB Contributes EGP 500 Mln To South Helwan Power Plant Loan