3 New Companies Enters Egyptian Insurance Market By New Fiscal Year
Published Wednesday, 20 June 2012 16:14 | Written by Sherine Taha
Suez Canal Life Insurance, Delta Life Insurance and Takaful Company will be starting their activities by the beginning of the new fiscal year.
Adel Mounir, deputy chairman of Egyptian Financial Supervisory Authority, revealed that Suez Canal Insurance Co. and Delta Insurance Co. will apply the law no. 118 of 2008 which obligates the split of life insurance from property insurance by the beginning of the new fiscal year.
Mohandes Insurance Company is the only company that has not applied the law yet, Mounir said, noting that the company is expected to split in two companies in the upcoming three months.
In other respect, Solidarity Takaful Company will choose from two purchase offers in seven days which will change the takaful (Islamic insurance) market in Egypt.
Most Popular »
- Egypt’s Main Gauge Nears 5430 Pts Powered By Seven Kidnapping Release News
- Egypt’s Central Bank Offers US$ 800 Mln At Exceptional FX Auction
- Crowell & Moring Advises ADIB Egypt On Landmark Islamic Finance Deal
- IFE Not Notified Officially With New Bancassurance Regulations
- Hamas Felicitates Egyptians On Releasing The Abducted Soldiers