Suez Canal Insurance Receives 250 Claims For Stolen Cars Since Revolution
Published Wednesday, 20 June 2012 13:26 | Written by Islam Abd ElHameed
Suez Canal Insurance Company received 250 claims for stolen cars since last year’s revolution. Mohie EL Din Nassar, general manager of car compensations department, said the value of compensations paid for these cars reached EGP 10 million, with an average compensation value of EGP 40,000. The Company succeeded in recovering seven stolen cars since the revolution, Nassar added.
Averting an expected high loss in car insurance sector requires a political stability and a strong security situation to reduce the rate of stolen cars, Nassar assured.
The decision taken by the car insurance committee of increasing either the percentage of compensations which the customers incur to 25% or the charges by 50% was below expectations regarding reducing the companies’ losses in car insurance sector, Nassar indicated.
Most Popular »
- Malek, El Zorba, Al-Swedy Turn Down FEI's Chairman Post
- Egypt Likely To Join BRICS By Year-End – Official
- Exclusive: Mubarak-Era Top Gas Mogul Owns 300.000 Shares In Egypt Bourse
- Egypt, DAMAC Sign Final Settlement Accord Today
- Egypt’s Main Gauge Nears 5430 Pts Powered By Seven Kidnapping Release News