Delta Insurance: 250 Claims For Stolen Vehicles Since 2011’s Revolution
Published Wednesday, 13 June 2012 14:14 | Written by Sherine Taha and Islam Abd ElHameed
Delta Insurance Company said it received 250 claims for stolen cars and motorcycles since last year’s revolution and the company compensated the injured parties.
Two customers only incurred 25% of the compensation since the beginning of the current year, Delta Insurance stated.
Ibrahim Labib, head of car insurance department at the Company, said the value of compensations paid for these cars reached EGP 8 million, noting that eight of the stolen cars were recovered, but with some damages.
The ratio of stolen cars has slightly dropped in the last period, but still higher than the normal ratio, Labib noted.It is worth mentioning that the net compensations of supplemental car insurance sector registered 31.435 million and of compulsory car insurance sector registered EGP 510,000 in the last fiscal year 2010/2011.
Most Popular »
- Syria Calls Egypt's Severing Of Ties A US-Israeli Conspiracy
- Rowhani’s Surprise Election In Tehran Could Resuscitate Obama’s Speech In Cairo
- Egypt Sends IMF Final Amendments To Its Economic Program - Minister
- Moroccan Chamber Prepares for Egyptian Delegation's Visit to Casablanca Over Joint Investments
- Egyptian FM, Ethiopian Counterpart Start Talks In Addis Ababa; Targeting Consensus