Shura Council Discusses Amending Banking Law No. 88/2003
Published Sunday, 24 March 2013 10:23 |
After approving the Sukuk law, the Shura Council will amend the law banking law no. 88 of 2003 in a way to pave the road for Islamic Banking which will in turn boost the national economy, said the Islamic Sharia Scholar Dr. Hussein Hamed Hassan.
The Freedom and Justice Party suggested the addition of a section about Islamic banking to the banking law no. 88 of 2003 so as to raise the volume of Islamic banking to account for 35% of the total volume of the Egyptian banking sector.
Most Popular »
- Coca-Cola’s ‘One Brand’ global campaign to be available in MENA next March
- General Motors says to resume operations in Egypt’s on February 14
- Works to build Egypt’s first nuclear plant ‘within weeks’: Sisi
- Brazil troops battle Zika mosquitoes
- EU considers easing shipping regulations on Egyptian exports