Shura Council Discusses Amending Banking Law No. 88/2003
Published Sunday, 24 March 2013 10:23 | Written by Islam Salah & Hussein Sobhy
After approving the Sukuk law, the Shura Council will amend the law banking law no. 88 of 2003 in a way to pave the road for Islamic Banking which will in turn boost the national economy, said the Islamic Sharia Scholar Dr. Hussein Hamed Hassan.
The Freedom and Justice Party suggested the addition of a section about Islamic banking to the banking law no. 88 of 2003 so as to raise the volume of Islamic banking to account for 35% of the total volume of the Egyptian banking sector.
Most Popular »
- Egypt Says Price Terms Approval to Unlock Long-awaited Licence for Mobile Operators
- Egyptian C. Bank to Auction EGP6.5 bln T-Bills Tomorrow
- Egypt Urges Arabs to Copy Saudi on Brotherhood Terror Tag
- EFG-Hermes Launches One on One Conference to Allure Investments to Egypt, ME
- General Motors Egypt Says to Invest EGP150 Million within 2014