Shura Council Discusses Amending Banking Law No. 88/2003
Published Sunday, 24 March 2013 10:23 | Written by Islam Salah & Hussein Sobhy
After approving the Sukuk law, the Shura Council will amend the law banking law no. 88 of 2003 in a way to pave the road for Islamic Banking which will in turn boost the national economy, said the Islamic Sharia Scholar Dr. Hussein Hamed Hassan.
The Freedom and Justice Party suggested the addition of a section about Islamic banking to the banking law no. 88 of 2003 so as to raise the volume of Islamic banking to account for 35% of the total volume of the Egyptian banking sector.
Most Popular »
- Qalaa Holdings' subsidiary, Standard Bank Close $20mn Locomotive Finance Deal
- Kima Egypt Obtains EGP300mn Loan to finance rehabilitation
- Saudi Arabia Tops List of Investors in Egypt - Official
- Egyptian Government Executed ‘Courageous’ Fiscal Reforms - Qalaa
- AfDB Pledges $500mn in Aid to Egypt in 2015