Shura Council Discusses Amending Banking Law No. 88/2003
Published Sunday, 24 March 2013 10:23 | Written by Islam Salah & Hussein Sobhy
After approving the Sukuk law, the Shura Council will amend the law banking law no. 88 of 2003 in a way to pave the road for Islamic Banking which will in turn boost the national economy, said the Islamic Sharia Scholar Dr. Hussein Hamed Hassan.
The Freedom and Justice Party suggested the addition of a section about Islamic banking to the banking law no. 88 of 2003 so as to raise the volume of Islamic banking to account for 35% of the total volume of the Egyptian banking sector.
Most Popular »
- Badr Investors to Allocate 400 Feddans for Egypt’s EGP4bn Solar Energy Plant
- Egypt Army to Meet UAE Arabtec over One Million Homes Project
- Delta Insurance Holds EGM Today to Discuss Launch of Liquid Fund
- Egypt Eyes €135 mln Loans from French Development Agency
- UAE-Al Dahra to Egypt's Mahlab 'We Pumped EGP750mn in Toshka Project'