Shura Council Discusses Amending Banking Law No. 88/2003
Published Sunday, 24 March 2013 10:23 |
After approving the Sukuk law, the Shura Council will amend the law banking law no. 88 of 2003 in a way to pave the road for Islamic Banking which will in turn boost the national economy, said the Islamic Sharia Scholar Dr. Hussein Hamed Hassan.
The Freedom and Justice Party suggested the addition of a section about Islamic banking to the banking law no. 88 of 2003 so as to raise the volume of Islamic banking to account for 35% of the total volume of the Egyptian banking sector.
Most Popular »
- Arabic graffiti detected on Easyjet, Vueling planes in France
- Egypt's 1st nuclear plant is 'safe', away from quake danger zone
- French AXA Insurance gets regulatory approval to buy Egypt’s CIL
- Solb Misr defers 20% IPO in Cairo bourse until H2-2015
- Egypt inaugurates largest wind power plant in MENA, Africa