NBE Closes Its 6 Branches In Port Said
Published Monday, 28 January 2013 16:36 | Written by Mohamed Hamdy
The National Bank of Egypt (NBE) closed its 6 branches in Port Said for the second consecutive day after violence flares in the governorate, said Hazem Hegazy, head of retail nanking and branches group at NBE.
The bank decided to close its branches in Port Said for unidentified time till the turmoil eases, he added.
He revealed that the bank’s branches in Suez and Ismailia are open during the regular working hours under the bank’s intensified civil security protection and military security protection which guards Suez’s streets.
The bank has 261 branches spread across all governorates in Egypt as well as 72 outlets in hotels and air ports. The bank plans to launch 23 new branches in the current fiscal year mostly in Cairo and Alexandria.
Most Popular »
- Egypt to Invest $14.5 bln in Petchems, Refining over 5 Years
- From the Archive, 29 September 1970: President Nasser Dies of Heart Attack
- Egypt Army to Meet UAE Arabtec over One Million Homes Project
- Badr Investors to Allocate 400 Feddans for Egypt’s EGP4bn Solar Energy Plant
- New Factory May Allow Egypt to Start Exporting Petrochemical to Europe